Your refrigerator is one of the most used appliances in your house. It works 24 hours, seven days a week, and tolerates a significant amount of abuse. Whether you’re stuffing in food or slamming the door shut, it is very common to see dents or scratches on your fridge door or even the sides. Luckily, there are several ways to fix these!
The most common method for Samsung refrigerator dent repair is using heating and cooling to fix the deformed section. Alternatively, you can use suctioning tools to pull out the dents in your fridge. You have to choose the best method based on the type and extent of the damage you’re dealing with.
Read on to find out more about which methods work best for different types of dents, whether you should repair or replace the damaged sections, and what tools you’ll need for both.
How To Repair Dent in Stainless Steel Fridge?
If there is a small dent in the surface of your stainless steel fridge, you can fix it at home with a few basic tools. There are two methods you can try.
1. Using Heating and Cooling
One of the best ways to pull out dents in your fridge is by manipulating the metallic surface with heat.
What Do You Need
This is incredibly easy to do at home because all you need is a hair dryer, gloves, dry ice, and a can of air.
What To Do
- Use your hair dryer to blow hot air directly onto the dent
- After 1 to 2 minutes of heating, the metal will start to expand
- Put on your protective gloves and grab hold of your dry ice
- Wrap it in a towel so it doesn’t scratch the fridge surface and place it against the dent
- Hold it in place for 1 to 2 minutes, letting the ice play its part
- Moving the ice gently against the heated surface will contract the metal surface
- As the stainless steel cools down, it will pop back out leaving behind a smooth and dent-free surface
- Alternatively, you can use cold compressed air to contract the metal surface.
Heating and cooling is a great method to try when you want a quick fix. You’ll see the results immediately and it will smooth out any minor dents in your fridge.
2. Using Suctioning Tools
Suctioning tools are another easy, albeit time-consuming, solution to fix a dented fridge surface. The only negative is that this method uses glue and alcohol, which can remove the smooth and shiny finish of your refrigerator. However, if the dents are near the sides or back of the fridge, this probably isn’t a concern for you.
What Do You Need
The simplest way to collect all the required tools is by ordering a dent repair kit online or buying one from your nearest auto-repair store. The kit comes with an automotive dent remover and alcohol-based cleaning solution. You will also need a glue gun.
What To Do
- Clean the damaged section with the isopropyl alcohol solution provided in your kit
- Make sure you rub it in and remove any dirt that has accumulated so the glue adheres easily
- Select a suction cup from your dent repair kit while making sure it is big enough to fully cover the dent
- Use your hot glue gun to line the edge of the suction cup with adhesive and stick it onto the dented area
- The back of the suction cup has a screw that attaches to a bar with plates on either end. You’ll find all this equipment in your kit.
- Adjust the apparatus so the plates are close to the suction cup in the center. This will help you pull out the damaged section without placing too much tension on the surrounding area.
- Once these are assembled, slowly screw the knob onto the back of the suction cup. As you tighten the knob, it adds pressure and pulls the dented section outwards.
- Don’t be alarmed if the piece detaches after a few seconds. You can repeat the process as many times as you need to.
Suctioning tools work well when you don’t mind taking your time. Suctioning is a slow and steady method that gradually reduces the dent, making it smaller with each pull.
What To Do When Nothing Works
Overall, deciding which method to use is simply a process of trial and error. You can mix and match techniques to work your way through the list till you find an approach that fixes the dent in your fridge. However, if nothing is working, it may be time to call in a professional.
If the dent is too big or the damage too severe then a Samsung refrigerator dent repair expert may be the only one who can fix it. These professionals use methods like hammering or metal replacement that are too technical for you to try at home.
While it will cost you more than an at-home repair, it’s certainly cheaper than replacing your fridge. Don’t forget to check your warranty in case it comes as part of the cost!
Professional Samsung Refrigerator Dent Repair
If your fridge has a small dent or scratch, it should be easy to fix it at home. However, if you have tried out all the possible repair methods and nothing has worked then the damage may be too extensive to fix yourself. In such a scenario, you should contact a professional repair service.
There are several factors to consider when you’re looking for a repair and maintenance service.
- Do they hire professionals with expertise in Samsung product repair?
- Can they complete the job within your budget?
- How long will the repairs take?
- Do they offer a 30-day warranty for their repairs?
- Can they show a customer history with proven results and positive reviews?
When the damage is bad enough to require professional help, it is possible you will need to replace certain parts. In such a case, you should ensure the firm you are hiring has genuine spare parts that will not compromise the efficiency or cooling capacity of your appliance.
Also, find out whether the company is willing to complete the repairs in your home, or if they intend to take your fridge to their shop. Ask for the overall cost of the repairs as well as a complete breakdown to make sure there are no hidden costs or charges included.
Why Choose AR Appliance Repair?
With over 20 years of experience, our technicians are well-qualified when it comes to refrigerator repair. We have been operating in the Washington, DC, and Virginia area for more than 50 years and have established ourselves as a reputable company among our customers.
All our replacement parts come with a 3-year warranty so you won’t have to worry about your fridge breaking down any time soon. And finally, at AR Appliance Repair, what you see is what you get!
Reach out at our website or call us at 703-969-4747 to get a quote today. If you’re looking for affordable, quality repairs we’ve got you covered.
How to repair scratches on a fridge door?
Gently rub a fine-grained piece of sandpaper against the scratch to smooth out the surface. A 1500 or 1200 grit piece should do the trick!
Do you need dry ice for the heating and cooling repair method?
Dry ice is the best solution because it is frozen at a temperature of -109 F and produces an immediate and intense cooling effect when placed against the heated stainless steel. If you don’t have dry ice, you can try using regular ice to fix the damage.
Regular ice may successfully lessen the dent, but, if it doesn’t smooth out your fridge, you can repeat the process with dry ice. It is available at any supermarket or home improvement store.
Can you apply the suctioning technique using a toilet plunger?
Absolutely! Any suctioning device can be used to fix the dent in your fridge. Simply place your clean toilet plunger on top of the damaged area and slowly apply pressure to pull out the dent. Of course, you’ll have a greater chance of success if you get a plunger that is approximately the same size as the dent you’re trying to fix.
Can you remove a side panel to fix a dent?
No, you cannot remove the side panel of your fridge. The body of the refrigerator is made using a single sheet of metal. The door has a sheet of foam insulation placed inside. Additionally, the inner door liner is usually molded to the outer panel or permanently attached using screws.
The easiest way to get rid of a dent is usually to push it out. However, this is not a method that works well with a fridge. On the other hand, if your front panel is extremely dented, you can have it replaced.